February 03, 2014

White Island, Camiguin

White Island is uninhabited huge sandbar which is about 1km off the shore. This vast sand bar associates that of a horse shoe or any shapes depending on the season. There are no shades such as tents, trees or anything that can protect you from the heat of the sun. Many tourists usually go around 5 A.M. and go back at 8:00 A.M. But we went there when the sun was about to set. You can hire a boat from any of the beachfront resorts facing the island.The fare is about 400 per boat.

My first impression when i got to this place was a dumbfounded "wow". I haven't seen such a huge sandbar before. Plus the sight of tourists who are like partying and goofing around is just exciting. I just love it there! The current at White Island can be strong, thus the tourists are allowed until 5:30 P.M. only. I simply love the backdrop of Mt. Hibok-hibok and Mt. Vulcan from the White Island. We love to capture photos of this calm, serene and tranquil place that really blew us away. I fell in love with the place the moment I laid my eyes on this sandbar.It is the perfect getaway from the crowded, hectic and messy city life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment