October 03, 2013

Majestic Mapun

Mapun is an Island municipality of Tawi-Tawi. It is formerly known as Cagayan de Tawi-Tawi. The Island is located in Sulu Sea and near Sabah, Malaysia. The people here are called Jama Mapun. The place exhibits a world class natural wonder. But since it is not included in one of Philippine's tourist destinations, it is likely to be unheard of to many people. The people of Mapun are very lucky to live in this place because of the abundance of hidden nature's wonders such as lakes, falls, springs, rocky mountains, white sand beaches, islets, etc. In addition, the species of green turtles are commonly found here. 

When I visited this place, I fell in love with the beauty of the lakes. I saw the first lake which is murky to describe or "chocolatey" as best to call it. They say  that crocodiles thrive in this lake. However, I was stunned when i saw the second lake, it is really beautiful! I have seen some photos of this lake before, and I am always in awe of its beauty. And when I have finally seen it with my two naked eyes, I just could not believe that something exists like this in Tawi-Tawi. I became more proud to be a Tawi-Tawian!

How to get to Mapun? Well, it's not that easy and no regular travel schedule going to Mapun. But you can get there via boats from palawan, Zamboanga and Bongao. Travel time might take 16 hours to 32 hours or more depending on the point of origin.  






















No comments:

Post a Comment